Friday, August 16, 2013

Singer Sat In and Gig Stuff

Here's from tonight's gig. Singer sat in. She's pretty amazing and the crowd just loves her. She sat in a couple of times before. Just love it when musicians of this quality just drop by and it shows respect for what we can do as well.

Blue Bossa
https://app.box.com/s/c79on8hqv6m5g8b2ezfy

Here's another singer from another prior gig (June I think) doing Blue Bossa (who would have known that Blue Bossa had lyrics!).

Blue Bossa #2
https://app.box.com/s/fev5umo7zypfzra38k0d

I wonder how people judge these two singers. Both very good in different ways.

Also I should note that this is the first time I've played as a Trio and I was quite comfortable. I wasn't rushing and we pretty much played completely different tunes than on my set list in reaction to the crowd. But I didn't get fazed.

Now I felt stiffer than usual but I didn't feel that it affected anything I was actually doing other than perhaps not smiling much at the audience. Maybe time to learn things outside of music (like professional demeanor).





1 comment:

  1. Hi JazzWee!

    I might have mentioned this once already: I'm very inpired about your commitment to the piano - so much that I started my own blog and want to model you success :)
    (http://nubalkopiano.blogspot.hu/)

    What do you think what are the biggest factors which helped you to keep going after all these years? I mean you're almost at it for 10 years!- that's so cool.

    Cheers!
    Balázs

    ReplyDelete