Saturday, July 28, 2012

Today's Home Recording

New recording at home. Zoom H4 was busted (mono channel only). I couldn't dial in the volume (didn't have the time to tweak) of the Nord Piano against the BIAB backing track.

Solar
https://www.box.com/s/b5cfb4eed66b293b34f3

Self-critique: LH needs to lighten up. Some timing issues. Still too busy. Can't sustain the idea. Now this was a one shot recording (as usual), so I just played didn't think about it.

I'm noticing some changes in my approach though that seem to be sticking. And I just have to firm up my style for the longer term.
This is good though. For the gig on Monday, I have an approach (similar to this). Just maybe less and more space.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Your blog is great - it's very motivating for me. Maybe I will start my own blog sometimes..

    I'm a beginner pianist who recently switched from guitar to piano.

    May I ask how old are you and have you played a musical instrument before playing the piano?

    I enjoyed this recording very much, keep up the good work.

    Balázs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Balazs, I played guitar (mostly self-taught -- I had 4-6 lessons) as a young kid. I did play in rock bands and such as a teen but I stopped for several decades.

    I'm 54 now. So I started piano at 47.

    I'm glad you're motivated by what I wrote. I want people to feel like they can do anything. It's a disservice to say that one cannot learn piano to a professional level unless you start at 8 years old.

    ReplyDelete